Dog Protection Guide: How to Protect Them from New Year's Eve Bangs
How to Protect Dogs and Pets During New Year's Eve
New Year's Eve can bring joy and celebration, but for many dogs, the bangs and fireworks can be a source of anxiety and fear. In this article, we will explore effective strategies to protect our four-legged friends during New Year's Eve. From preventative preparations to reassuring techniques, find out how to make this moment special for your furry companions too.
1. Preparation in Advance: Start preparing your dog for New Year's celebrations early. Get used to similar sounds gradually, perhaps by playing recordings of fireworks at low volumes and gradually increasing them over the previous few days.
2. Create a Safe Haven: At home, create a safe and quiet place where your dog can retreat during the fights. Add blankets, familiar toys and a comfortable pillow to create a cozy haven.
3. Use Anti-Anxiety Products: Explore the use of anti-anxiety products such as pressure jackets or pheromone diffusers. These products can offer additional comfort to your dog during stressful moments of the barrels.
4. Stay Calm and Reassuring: During the fights, keep your calm and remain reassuring. Avoid overreacting to your dog's fears, as this may intensify his anxiety. Instead, speak in soothing tones and offer gentle caresses.
5. Basic Commands Training: Core training can be crucial. Make sure your dog responds to commands like “sit,” “stay,” and “come.” This can help you stay in control during stressful situations.
6. Acoustic Fencing: Create a sound barrier around your home. Close windows and shutters, turn on the television or radio at a moderate volume to partially block the sounds of bangs.
7. Identification and Microchip: Make sure your dog has proper identification. A collar with a current identification tag and a microchip can be essential in case your dog runs away due to fear.
8. Early Walks: Before the festivities begin, be sure to take your dog for a walk and let him let off some steam. A tired dog is less likely to be anxious during bouts.
Protecting your dog during New Year's Eve requires planning and attention. With preventive preparations, a safe environment and reassuring love, you can help your faithful friend get through New Year's Eve with peace of mind.
Discover our selection of products and accessories for dogs that can make New Year's Eve more comfortable. Visit our online store for more details. Look WHO